Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Loss...July 24, 2008

It's been a tough few weeks in our family. We lost my dad to cancer almost three weeks ago on July 6, 2008. My dad was a man who was loved life and loved to have fun. He fought to the very end and it seems completely surreal to me that he is actually gone. I find it hard to imagine never hugging him again even as I write this. I took this picture last November when he insisted our family go together to Crested Butte. You could tell he thought it would be his last. We thought it was absurd. I wonder how he knew...

This is one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken. This is Ryan and my dad. My dad LOVES the guitar. He has several. Three of them are signed by many singers and songwriters. In fact, about a month before dad died he asked me if there was anything of his I wanted. I said a guitar. That's who my dad is. He loved country music. He loved boats. He loved Corvettes. He loved the color red. He loved his family most of all. I miss you, Dad!

Lori Motl Photography has been neglected through all of this. I'm finally trying get going again. I had the opportunity to take my favorite kind of pictures this week...naked baby pictures. This is baby "M". Very cute little guy. Loved to kick! We were lucky to get him to sit still for a few shots!

Here is a photo I'd like feed back on. Just look and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

ERIN DRALLOS said...

I love this picture. I am so sorry about your Dad. I know this is late coming, but I just read the post.
I lost my Mom almost 12 years ago and well, it doesn't go away, it just becomes a way of life.

take care and God Bless.

Erin